Tuesday, November 25, 2014


UNDERSTANDING BIBLICAL PROPHECY TODAY


For the next few postings I am going to briefly review current world events and where they may be leading us in relation to Biblical prophecy. There are many opinions on this subject as every prophecy teacher has their own interpretation of what is happening and what is going to happen. I’ve spent many hours in study, prayer, and seeking the Lord on His-story. One thing the Lord has made clear to me is that history counts. Everything that has happened in Biblical history and world history is moving toward a definite end.

I have always enjoyed history and have asked the Lord throughout the years to be able to understand past history through His eyes and understanding. Everything has meaning. We see in a finite manner, He sees infinitely. A thousand years is but a day in His sight. If we keep man’s history according to the Hebrew calendar we are currently in the year 5775.

This year 5775 is derived by counting from Adam through all generations listed in the Bible to our present day. Therefore, since Adam’s creation, 5775 years have passed. The six days of creation prior to Adam were on God’s infinite time--they could be billions of years. We are only counting from Adam until our present age.

This is key to understanding Biblical prophecy. We are not concerned about “time” including the six days of creation. We only are concerned with time since Adam’s creation. This method of counting time is from the ancient Jewish sages and is the oldest written record of man since his creation. This written Biblical record precedes the Egyptians and their recorded history. Adam’s creation is the beginning of man’s written history! It is recorded along with his descendants. The Jewish scriptures are man’s history in written form--it starts from the beginning!

If you are reading this blog I assume you are a believer in God, Yeshua, and the Bible. If you aren’t you may still find this information quite interesting and useful. I just want you all to understand how I am arriving at conclusions. I believe the written word of God. Therefore I read the Bible as His-story.

I take the Bible as the true story and try to allow it (and God) to interpret itself. All the keys are hidden within the scriptures. We must not allow ourselves to twist the word to meet our agenda or pet theories. We cannot allow ourselves to make it fit into our own ideas. We need to allow it to interpret itself. If we don’t understand we cannot reach a conclusion on that issue--we must wait for God to reveal it to us.

This is not always an easy thing to do. It is important that we try. Seeking the truth is difficult. Especially when it challenges our previous set of beliefs. It takes time to digest the truth. Jesus spoke boldly and said many things that went against what people in His day thought. Most times Jesus did not explain to them what He was saying. He let them go home very disturbed and upset. He let them go home to wrestle with it and to seek the word.

I’ll give you an example: “Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying, "How can this man give us His flesh to eat?" So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.…” John 6.52-54

Yeshua didn’t bother to explain that to them. In the Torah it says the life is in the blood. It says you do not drink blood or eat the flesh of animals killed by accident or strangled. He was telling them to receive eternal life they had to eat his flesh and drink his blood. They were beside themselves! Yeshua let them go away very upset without explaining this saying to them.

He was talking to them about a spiritual concept. He was telling them they had to follow him and take on His sacrificial, take up your cross lifestyle, upon themselves. They took it literally. He let them wrestle with it. Many turned away at that time.

When we search the scriptures we need to allow them to explain themselves and allow God to instruct us. This is going to take time. We all want answers NOW! I will try to explain with these concepts as the basis of understanding.

In the next postings I am going to share what is going on in the world from a historical point of view. Once we begin to understand the history we will begin to understand on a prophetical basis. When I first began studying the Bible the Lord told me to understand it from a historical understanding. I’m still seeking to understand the Old Testament in that way. However, once I began to understand this, many stories began to make sense that I did not understand before. I had to understand them with a Hebrew mindset.

The Lord told me to understand from an historical viewpoint first. Then I would begin to understand from a prophetical viewpoint. Once I would understand those two points, then I would be able to put the pieces of the puzzle together as to how this all relates to our present time, in my personal life, and in world events.

I don’t have all the answers and I don’t understand all that is happening prophetically. I don’t have a need to know. I just want to understand what the Lord desires me to understand. It is an un-going process. We are dependant on Him and only need to know what He deems we need to know.

We know we are heading into a new world order. If we understand that new world order we can seek God and get His direction for our lives. Each of us has our own personal relationship with the Father and Yeshua. Now is the time to develop that relationship. In the meantime, if we have a grasp of what is happening in this world, it will help us to navigate through the coming hard times.

In the next few postings I will briefly discuss these topics: Vladimir Putin, Russia, the Middle East Islamic nations, China, Germany, and Israel and how they will affect the world in the next thirty to fifty years. They will all play a huge part in the coming new world order. We need to understand why the changes that are coming will happen. God is moving toward a definite end.

 


No comments: